Products and Services Designed for Educators*
Enjoy products and services that offer convenience, and a way to earn and save.
Free1 Checking Your Way+
- Instantly issued debit card
- Mobile Banking with mobile deposit
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum deposit required
- Free access to nearly 30,000 ATMs
CCU Pay Card
- Reusable debit card that automatically loads paycheck each pay day
- Currently exclusive to school employees
School Summer Savings2
- Grow your money faster with 3.00% APY
- Make monthly payroll or direct deposits ranging from $50 up to $2,000
- Withdrawal available at any time
- Disbursed in July
.25% APR Mortgage Loan Discount3
- Receive a rate discount of 0.25% APR
- Primary residential loan only
- Discount is for purchases only
School Rewards Visa Credit Card
- Enjoy rates as low as 11.24% APR
- Give 1% cash rebate to the California school of your choice on all purchases
0% APR Classroom Cash4
- Designed especially for teachers
- Borrow up to $1,500 at 0% APR
0% APR Gear Up Loan5
- Designed especially for classified employees
- Borrow up to $500 at 0% APR
Next Career Steps Loan6
- Designed for teachers and administrators who are pursuing their next steps in the educational field
- Borrow up to $10,000
- 5.9% Fixed Rate for up to 60 months
- Receive up to $5,000 towards moving expenses
- 5.9% Fixed Rate for up to 36 months
- Designed for educators who may not get paid during the summer months
- Can skip two loan payments per year (July and August OR August and September)
- Available on most loans
*To take advantage of any educator perk, the member must show proof they are currently employed at a public or private school district or institution of higher education within California. Membership is required.
1 Enrollment in E-statements required or maintain a monthly average balance of $1000 if paper statements are selected for the account.
+ Minimum opening deposit without Direct Deposit – $100. $3 monthly statement fee per checking account if average monthly balance falls below $1,000 if paper statements are selected for the account. A separate surcharge may be assessed by ATM owner/operator. Surcharge waived on CO-OP ATMs.
2 APY = Annual Percentage Yield is subject to change without notice. Rate reflects monthly direct deposit into the summer savings account of $50 – $2,000 and can only be made via direct deposit or payroll deduction. Total deposits must not exceed $2,000 per month ($24,000 per year) (July 1 – June 30). The Credit Union will distribute the balance of the account in July via transfer into a CCU account.
3 Primary residence only. Proof of employment at a California public or private school is required. Standard underwriting guidelines apply. Discount is for purchases only.
4 One per calendar year. APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Max term of 12 months. Estimated 12 monthly payments per $1500 borrowed is $125. Rate reflects direct deposit of $1,000.00 or more in a CCU account prior to loan funding and automatic payments at signing.
5 One per calendar year. Max term of 10 months. Estimated 10 monthly payments per $500 borrowed is $50. direct deposit of $500.00 or more in a CCU account prior to loan funding and automatic payments at signing. Rate reflects direct deposit of $1,000.00 or more in a CCU account prior to loan funding and automatic payments at signing.
6 Estimated monthly payment for $10,000 borrowed is $193.00 for 60 months at 5.9% APR. Rate reflects direct deposit of $1,000.00 or more in a CCU account prior to loan funding and automatic payments at signing. Additional documentation is required.
7 One per family. Max term of 36 months. Estimated monthly payment for $5,000.00 borrowed is $152.00 at 5.9% APR. Rate reflects direct deposit of $1,000.00 or more in a CCU account prior to loan funding and automatic payments at signing. Additional documentation is required.
8 Members who skip summer payments will see an increase in the monthly payment amount. Available on all loans except share plus, credit card and share/certificate secured and mortgage loans.
Member must be in good standing with California Credit Union. Offers subject to change without notice.